Sunday, April 11, 2010

Gourmet Grilled Cheese

Solveig told me this was the best grilled cheese sandwich she had ever had, so I thought I would share it with you. I was just trying to use up leftovers from the fridge.

Brush 2 pieces of your favorite bread (we used multi-grain) with olive oil.
Place one of them oil side down on griddle/pan and turn heat to low.
Add 2 slices of sharp cheddar cheese, 3-4 spinach leaves, 3-4 thin slices of yellow pepper, and then 2 more pieces of cheddar cheese.
Sprinkle with onion powder, garlic powder, dried basil, and crushed red pepper.
Add the final slice of bread. Slowly cook on each side until golden brown and cheese is completely melted.

2 comments:

Solveig Atwood said...

This is truly delish! I also think it would be good with sliced red onion (in place of the onion powder) and sliced tomato.

Me~Kelly said...

mmmm. thanks for this wonderful idea, i think i shall make it tonight :)